24.2.11

Anyone need a condo? Cheapy. Cheapy.

So its almost been a month.  If there was  a vote for worst blogger I'm sure I'd be nominated and win. Oh well....

So I am officially done small animal medicine.  It was a crazy month.  Some weeks were nuts where I'd be at the school at 7am and wouldn't leave until 9:30 pm... or I'd be on call and sleep over.  Last night was my last sleep over and man was I lucky.  Not one call. Not. ONE! But I still woke up every hour thinking my phone was broken seeing that never happens.  Must be because its currently -47 and noone's vehicles can start.  Therefore I imagine there are alot of sick animals stuck inside right now.  Pooping on their owners instead of us.  Poor puppies.  Regardless, small animal medicine was great.  I learned alot of cool stuff and got to see alot of cool things.  I'm off to Calgary now to do a 2 week externship in emergency at the CARE Center.  

On to more exciting news... we officially put our condo up for sale.  I guess that means its more real that we are moving.  To Penticton that is.  YUP! I'm deathly excited.  Travis and I had originally wanted to buy a house but I chickened out.  And he did too a bit.  We thought that coming back from Europe, moving 2 provinces away, starting new jobs AND buying a house may have been putting too much on our plate.  So we've decided to rent.  Its not for sure, but we've found a great place on the water.. with a pool!  One of our dear friends is going to check it out tomorrow (apparently thats a rule before you are allowed to rent) so we'll keep you updated and see if we get it! 

We haven't told alot of people about Penticton yet mainly because I'm still working on getting a job.  Noone is hiring out there right now but I was able to visit a few clinics when Travis and I went out in December.  Travis, bless his little soul, decided the night before (after me spending months working on resumes, phoning references, setting up interviews etc.) that he needed his resume revised.  Luckily I made him look like Mother Teresa (don't ask me how) and he wandered into a pharmacy, had an interview on the spot and then got flown out there last month to make sure everything was hunky dory.  For me, on the other hand, it was not that easy.  I am talking to one clinic right now though that I hope will work out.  They seem like they would be wonderful mentors and I'm going out at the end of April to work there for 2 weeks to see if we 'mesh' well together.

So that is our plans right now.  We are headed to Europe.  Moving to Penticton.  And living in a condo with a pool (maybe).  So if you want to come visit us when we move to BC, remember the rule: you have to visit us in Saskatoon first (sucks to be you!... but actually right now it sucks even more to be us.... -47 UGH!) And yes, we are not kidding about this rule.

TaTa for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment