9.2.11

Just the SAMe old, SAMe old

Since I last posted I have now been harassed by Jodie to post more.  Believe me, my life is not that interesting that you want to know every detail.  Travis has been gone since the start of February and has covered half the province with work.  I'd have to say, the whole living apart thing is getting a bit old.  However, I have also started my small animal medicine (aka SAM) since I last posted and haven't been home much anyways.  I feel that Molly is suffering though, seeing that both of us have been fairly neglectful of her.  Either that or she's in her glory because we aren't bugging her all the time.

Anyways, I was pretty nervous to start this rotation.  Not only because I heard it's alot of work, but because I was nervous I wouldn't know the answers to 'simple' problems.  Well, it turns out I was right on both accounts, however, I realized that the reason I'm on the rotation is to learn and that I shouldn't know all the answers.  Good thing because sometimes I don't know any.

Things have been good the first two weeks though.  I started off having a patient in ICU which was pretty tiring seeing he needed to be monitored 24/7.  He went home though by the end of the week so it was nice to get a break.  I also like this rotation alot because the interns and residents let you make alot of your own decisions.  And if you wrong, they help you make the right ones.  Or they laugh at you.... which is not a bad thing either because sometimes I need to realize that some pretty stupid stuff can come out of my mouth.

Besides school, Travis will finally be home tonight, however, he's headed out to Kelowna tomorrow morning to visit his friends and go skiing.  He'll be back Monday and then he starts a week of graveyard shifts in the ghetto (the 22nd Shoppers on the West Side - for all you who don't know Saskatoon, that's where all the stabbings and robberies take place).  So hopefully he'll have his ninja skills up to par, or at least be able to quickly find the oxycontin if he gets robbed (which his pharmacy actually did - at gun point! luckily he wasn't working though).  Anyways, he starts that and I still have another 2 weeks of SAM to finish.

After that, I'm headed to Calgary at the start of March to do a 2 week externship in emergency and critical care.  So maybe, if any of you from home actually reading my blog (Jodie you better be seeing that you're on my back about me keeping up with this thing) would like to hang out.... please call :)

1 comment: