2.2.11

What? I have to get a real job?

     For the past 7.5 years I've been in University.  While most of the time it has been a pain in the butt, it has also been my security blanket.  I've never had to look for a 'real job' or had to worry about what I was going to do in the fall.  Now, its time for real life.  And I'm super excited because I feel Travis and I have had to miss out on things back home because we were in school.  So, the first of our big plans.....
.....Does not include me getting a job - but does include what we are going to do!
     We're going to EUROPE!
     I'm probably the most excited I've ever been about going to Europe.  After I graduated high school, I really wanted to travel but decided to be 'responsible' and go to university.  Not that I would say NOT going to university isn't responsible, it just seemed like the right thing for me to do.  I struggled alot with undergrad.  I didn't have trouble with the school, but I didn't enjoy it.  Not at all.  I found it hard to do well in something you didn't like or care about even if it was a 'means to an end' (as my mom would say).  Regardless, I was excited to graduate and then travel. But now, Travis convinced me that I would be alot happier if I just went to vet school instead of taking a year off and then travel when I graduated.  So that is what I did.  I like to think that I'm blaming him for ruining my travel career (or what I think could have been a great one) but honestly, he was right (I hate to admit that).  I'm really glad that I decided to go to vet school because now I can travel... and then hopefully get a job.
    So on to the travel business.  I promised myself that I wouldn't book our tickets or make plans until after the NAVLE.  For those of you who dont' know what the NAVLE is, its the North American Veterinary Licensing Exam.  What it is, essentially, is a cumulative test of 4 years of vet school; and its something that you need to pass before you can work as a vet.  I didn't want to book our tickets because I knew planning would be a distracting to studying and, as well, I didn't want to jinx myself. Also, Travis had also told me that if I didn't pass, he and Molly would go to Europe while I stayed home and studied to write again (obviously he was joking - Molly doesn't really like the French).  Thankfully I passed so we didn't have that problem.
   So YAY! I could finally start planning and that I did.  Right now our plans are to fly into Madrid in the middle of June (following Jills' wedding - horraay!!!) and spend a couple days there - then on to Malaga, Spain.  From there we are headed to France, Italy and then to the Greek Islands.  I'll update you more as we make more plans but finally, FINALLY, my dreams of travelling are coming true!

2 comments:

  1. Haha I laughed out loud that Molly didn't like the French...she is such a pretentious cat...

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! so excited that you two are joining the traveling train. I think you should extend your trip for a few more months and then you can help me get settled in London in September if i decide to go to that school, which by the way I got accepted the other day, for March (too bad i'll be in Africa). Anyways, woo hoo to Europe! Now i'm gonna be asking you for some traveling tips!

    ReplyDelete